- Book name: The Skilled Helper
- Author: Gerard Egan
- Release date: 2018/5/23
- Publisher: CENGAGE LEARNING EMEA
- Language: English
- Genre or Collection: Medical
- ISBN: 9781473751088
- Rating: 7.75 of 10
- Votes: 845
- Review by: Jeremias Chavez
- Review rating: 7.43 of 10
- Review Date: 2018/11/25
- Total pages: 512
- Includes a PDF summary of 43 pages
- Description or summary of the book: Now in its second edition, this adaption for Europe, Middle East and Africa of Gerard Egan's The Skilled Helper: A Client-Centred Approach teaches students a proven step-by-step counselling process to enable them to become confident and competent helpers.Internationally recognised for its emphasis on the collaborative nature of the therapist-client relationship and the vital importance of a client-centred approach, the text offers a practical three-stage model which encourages a problem-managing and opportunity-developing approach to helping clients. The book integrates the most relevant aspects of different theoretical orientations (humanistic, cognitive, behavioural, and solution-focused) into a pragmatic approach to helping.
- Estimated reading time (average reader): 35H24M48S
- Other categories, genre or collection: Public Health & Preventive Medicine, Psychotherapy
- Available formats: DOC, EPUB, LRF, PNG, PDF, WORD, MOBI, TXT. Compressed in TAR.XZ, ZIP, ARJ, TAR.LZO, XZ, RAR, Z
- Download servers: Dropbox, Mediafire, Localhostr, BitShare, vBoxxCloud, Hotfile
- Format: Paperback
- Approximate value: 66.07 USD
- Dimensions: 190x245x20mm
- Weight: 744g
- Printed by: Not Available
- Published in: London, United Kingdom
Categories: 2018, English, Medical
Gerard Egan, Ph.D., is Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Organizational Studies at Loyola University of Chicago. He has written over a dozen books and currently writes in the areas of communication, counseling, business and organization effectiveness, management development, the management of innovation and change, leadership and organization politics and culture.Cited by: 758. The Skilled Helper Ch. 1-14 - Free ebook download as Powerpoint Presentation.ppt), PDF File.pdf), Text File.txt) or view presentation slides online. PowerPoint Outline4.5/5(11).
The Skilled Helper.
Over the past 30 years, Egan's THE SKILLED HELPER has taught thousands of students like you a proven, step-by-step counseling process that leads to increased confidence and competence. Internationally recognized for its successful problem-management and opportunity development approach to effective helping, the text emphasizes the collaborative nature of the therapist-client relationship and uses a practical, three-stage model that drives client problem-managing and opportunity-developing action. As you read, you'll also gain a feeling for the complexity inherent in any helping relationship. I. Read more...
PDF Book Download
A Manual to Accompany The Skilled Helper, Sixth Edition
- Author: Gerard Egan
- Publisher: Brooks Cole
- ISBN: N.A
- Category: Counseling
- Page: 177
- View: 4857
Written by Gerard Egan, this manual parallels the main text, "The Skilled Helper, Sixth Edition," and allows students to practice communication skills and each of the steps of the model in private before using them in actual face-to-face helping interactions with others.